Friday, July 15, 2011

Soba Noodle Salad

I started out with this recipe from the Simply Recipes Blog.  Each time I make it, it evolves into something different.  Last night I made it again and it was the best yet, so I thought I would share.






INGREDIENTS
  • 3/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 cup cane sugar 
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • Zest of one lime
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 12 ounces soba noodles broken in half
  • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 bag frozen shelled edamame
  • 1 large avocado, chopped
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
  • hot pepper flakes
  • Lime wedges for serving (optional)

METHOD



1 Place the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and salt dissolve. Stir in the garlic and allow to cool. Add the lime juice, jalapeno and sesame oil and mix well.


2 Cook the noodles in water, until al dente, according to the package instructions (about 4 minutes). Drain and then rinse well under cool water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.


3 cook edamame according to package instructions.  Drain and add to noodles.


4 Add the bell peppers, cilantro, avocado. Toss and plate. Serve with red pepper flakes, chopped peanuts and lime wedges.


No comments:

Post a Comment