Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Weekend + a new beauty routine

Friday E and I met after work for a happy hour.  Between the bevs, chatting, laughing and all the other things that were going on...this happened (and for once, it wasn't me):




Saturday morning we volunteered at the Earth Day Run.  They gave us very bright florescent vests so of course we both immediately let that go to our heads and started directing traffic.    


In an attempt to reduce my exposure to chemicals I have been trying a new beauty routine:




Toner: equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water
Shampoo: mix 1 tbsp baking soda with 8 oz of water
Conditioner: mix 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 8 oz of water
Deep conditioner: rub coconut oil into ends of wet hair
body lotion: coconut oil


I love the coconut oil, it is initially a bit greasy but it smells amazing.  The shampoo and conditioner worked really well too.  Once my hair was dry, it lost the (overwhelming) smell of the apple cider vinegar.  The toner, on the other hand, was a total fail.  I just can't walk around smelling like a salad.  


I also picked up a new vegetarian cookbook for some inspiration:




1 comment:

  1. How is that cookbook! I was about to buy it the other day but didn't - let me know if you like it :)

    ReplyDelete